Like many, I love eating the Swedish meatballs at IKEA. I decided to try making it at home so my sister can have a taste as well… Here’s my version of meatballs in creamy gravy…
Ingredients for meatballs:
- About 400 grams ground beef
- Half a Bombay onion – finely chopped
- About 1 tablespoon parsley – finely chopped
- I teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- A pinch of salt
- A teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oil + 1 tablespoon butter (for frying)
- Mixed all ingredients except oil & butter in a bowl, make into round balls – you’ll get about 25 – 27 meat balls.
- Heat olive oil & butter in a pan, fry the meatballs on all sides until cooked & set aside.
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 beef cube or 1 cup beef stock (if you’re using beef stock, no need to add the 1 cup water)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- Pepper to taste
- (No need to add salt if you’re using beef cube)
- In the same pan, add 4 tablespoon butter
- Mixed in flour until the mixture turned brown
- Pour in beef stock (or 1 cup water + 1 beef cube) & cream – mixed thoroughly
- Add Dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce & pepper
- Salt to taste if needed
- When sauce boils, put the meatballs back in – mixed thoroughly & turn off fire.
Serve immediately with mashed potato or pasta..